A lot of agents shy away from lead generation, but it’s one of the best places to start in the industry. How can you focus on lead generation and let it take you to the next level? How can you build confidence along the way? On this episode, I talk with C21 agent John Senk to hear his advice.
Poor responses are just a response: don’t make it mean anything more than what it does. -Brendon Payne
Takeaways + Tactics
- Go out and hunt. Lead generation requires you to look for new clients every day. Accept that it’s part of the job and something you have to do.
- It’s okay to be scared. Use your fear to master one step at a time. If you’re uncomfortable going out as an agent or doing SEO, don’t force yourself to master it all at once. Start with one thing and then move on once you’re more comfortable.
- As you build a bigger database, you’ll become more confident. Focus on getting as many reps as you can. As you go along, your confidence will soar.
At the start of the episode, John explained why he got started in lead generation. He then shared his daily routine and mentioned that without repeating the steps everyday, he wouldn’t be where he is now.
We also discussed:
- Overcoming the challenge of monotony
- Not taking bad responses personally
- Why repetition is key
So many real estate professionals avoid lead generation because of its monotony and the possibility of being mistreated by the people on the other side of the call. The sooner you can accept it as part of the job, and something over which you have no control, the sooner you’ll be able to start working more effectively. Lead generation might not be ‘fun’ but it is a necessary part of the job. More importantly, it’s a part of the job that can boost your business tremendously, if done right.
John Senk is a real estate agent at C21 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. After starting in the industry by focussing on lead generation, John has seen great success in the time since then. John firmly believes in getting the job done no matter what, and strongly recommends all agents accept monotony and just work consistently.
To find out more about John, head to https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-senk-641b36124
You can find out about his listings and see his client testimonials at https://www.century21.com/CENTURY-21-The-Harrelson-Group-43541c/JOHN-SENK-4951055a