Ever wondered if you could make the transition from Buyer's Agent to Mega Listing Agent? In this episode, Jeff Lesley shares how he made the transition from overworked buyer's agent to a listing controlled business AND how he is now only earning more income while enjoying more time off. The best thing about Jeff is that is explains how simple the transition is when you make the commitment.
If you're not getting those initial listings and the price reductions upfront when the inventory doesn't sell, you're just going to be sitting dead in the water. - Jeff Lesley
- To make a successful transition, you need to be consistent and disciplined. You must also lead generate every day, or no one is going to hire you.
- Keep it simple and track your leads carefully. Sometimes it's as easy as buying index cards.
- Perfectionism can sometimes hinder you. If a method doesn't work for you, change it. Don't give up on it altogether.
We started off with the story of Jeff's own transition from a buyer’s agent to a listing agent and how he realized his potential. Jeff shared that his profitability decreased initially and we explained why this is normal and it's the beginning to quantum growth. Afterwards, Jeff explained how he takes leveraging to the next level and why adopting new strategies and techniques really helps you level up. Jeff then discussed his experience with the hardest part of the transition and his own routine with building up a discipline with lead generation.
From his experience, Jeff has learned to be very heavy on lead follow-up, as this has generated a lot of success for him in the past. Then, during a discussion about staffing, Jeff pointed out the importance of a good staffing structure and delegating tasks appropriately. Jeff then shared his plans for the future and how he wants work on both his prospecting and staffing culture, as he believes that will help him level up. Finally, we talked about how you can focus your efforts towards achieving your yearly goals.
We also discussed:
- Leveraging as a listing agent vs. leveraging as a buyer’s agent
- How to overcome artificial ceilings
- Discipline and persistence in lead generation
- The importance of good customer service
- Overcoming the ''this doesn't work for me'' mentality
- Seeking a high return on time as the mark of an entrepreneur
- Dominating a downward-trending market
Any change will always come with setbacks in the beginning. If you only break even in your first days after transitioning, don't worry. This is a necessary step while you build your infrastructure and build new habits. Stay consistent and committed to the transition and success will follow.
Jeff Lesley is an experienced realtor, who has lived and worked in Wilmington, North Carolina for 14 years. He has a vast knowledge of the local real estate market trends and he always puts the wellbeing and happiness of his clients first. With a Masters degree in Business from UNCW and with a wealth of experience, he is now an award-winning realtor with Century 21 Sweyer & Associates. Jeff is also a big fan of giving back and currently serves on the board for Special Olympics of New Hanover County. He is also an active volunteer in fundraising opportunities to help his local area. He's also a member of the Wilmington Rotary Club, the oldest and largest civic organization in Southeastern North Carolina.