People are looking for a method of lead generation and prospecting that feels comfortable to them. However, this comfort is dictated by bias---not reality. How do you get inspired to make a breakthrough in your resistance to prospecting? Why do people struggle to say they are salespeople? How do you use contribution to get over the monetary motivation? On this episode, we discuss the real reason people resist prospecting and how to overcome it.
I got over a resistance to prospecting when I changed my perspective. -Greg Harrelson
Takeaways + Tactics
- Contribution goals can be more effective than monetary goals.
- People don’t want to say they are a great salesperson because they associate sales with something bad.
- Change your goal from “how much money you want to make” to how many families you want to help and that will make the job about contribution.
At the start of the show, we talked about why people are always looking for a lead generation method that feels comfortable. Next, we talked about the power of shifting your mindset if you want to get better at lead generation. We also talked about why people don’t want to be associated with being good at sales.
We also discussed:
- How to change your goals from money to contribution
- How to change your perspectives of prospecting activities
It is impossible to successfully overcome hesitation towards prospecting and lead generation without a mindset shift. For most people, the resistance comes from wanting to be comfortable and not wanting to face the limiting beliefs they have about selling. When you change your goals from “make money” to “make a contribution”, you will overcome the fear of being good at selling. When you change your perception of that activity, your comfort level will greatly increase.
InfusionSoft for real estate. Get up and running fast with our Real Estate Package! 9 pre-built Infusionsoft campaigns, all ready to go.
Connect on Facebook. Follow Greg for more motivational content to take your real estate business to the next level