Becoming #1 in Your Market: Danny Morel on Leadership, High Performance & True Success In Real Estate
Danny Morel thinks BIG. But it all starts with the fundamentals. As Greg pointed out, no matter whether you call it team building or expansion, it’s all just a business. Between the years 2011 and 2016, Danny’s Intero organization went from 110 units to 2,730 units sold. How does Danny recruit an average of over one agent every day to his Intero offices? In this episode, Danny shares some of the key mindset strategies and principles that drive him.
I'm going to compete solely on value. I'm going to draw a line in the sand, that NO WHERE can an agent come and grow at the levels we help them grow at. -Danny Morel
Takeaways + Tactics
- Don't skip steps as a salesperson. Your personal sales ability is key to being able to offer value to agents as you expand.
- During a down market, the wealth in real estate will shift from those who are buying business to those who a creating business.
- Stay humble and stay in coaching. Who are you to tell your staff that they need to be coachable if YOU are not coachable.
On this episode Danny also shared...
- The one thing would-be team owners fail to understand
- Why you must compete on value to agents, not commission splits
- The “Law of the Lid” and how it applies to your real estate business
- Why Danny has paid for a business coach since the age of 22
- What will happen to teams in the next market shift
- Listing-based business and why it’s the true key to success as an agent
Leadership is intimately tied to your mastery of the fundamentals of your industry. Danny shared why it’s critical to humble yourself, stay coachable and always set a high standard of daily performance for yourself. The more you focus on raising your own level, the higher level of people you’ll be able to bring into your business. There are some incredible insights on real leadership and high performance, so dig in and take plenty of notes!
Danny is a real estate sales coach and Founder of Intero Real Estate Services Rancho Cucamonga, Downey and La Quinta Southern California. With an impressive background in the real estate industry, Danny Morel brings over 15 years to the real estate business as a coach, mentor, investor and broker. Danny’s interest in the real estate industry began with the simple dream of buying his mother a house. From there, he learned about the industry, began selling homes and this led to obtaining coaches to further his career. As an agent, Danny successfully sold 150 homes in a year while only working 4.5 days a week, and by 27 earned 1.5 million in commissions during the course of one calendar year. From that passion grew his coaching company where Danny had the pleasure of leading almost 500 agents to success in their careers through multi-day seminars that impacted thousands of lives. In 2013 Danny was named to the HispanicBusiness.com top 50 Most Influential list. Learn more about Danny at Dannymorel.com and subscribe to his podcast Real Estate Sales Success on iTunes at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real-estate-sales-show-with-danny-morel/id1081954148?mt=2.